Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

2022 first Tailgate Market

 





The entrance area is nicely graveled, so we no longer trip over tree roots going into the market area from the parking area.



And as always we see friends we haven't seen all winter...
and the dogs are being allowed again, on leashes!


Not sure which bakery still had croissants, but I had to grab a chocolate one for later!

I hope to share more photos in the future, as well as I plan to stop and shop weekly on Sat. mornings for the organic and fresh local items.

My friends in the Mud Buddies Pottery booth were a bit chilled by the cool weather.

Today's quote:
Those who compare the age in which their lot has fallen with a golden age which exists only in imagination, may talk of degeneracy and decay; but no man who is correctly informed as to the past, will be disposed to take a morose or desponding view of the present. 
-Thomas Babington Macaulay, author and statesman 
(1800-1859)





7 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The market looks fun. I would love a croissant, YUM! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had mine heated up for Mother's Day breakfast!

      Delete
  2. Our market opened on the weekend, but it was nippy out, and there wassn’t much there yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the seafood guy had some lovely little flounders, so I got a couple of them. I was a bit late so missed out on some of my other favorites.

      Delete
  3. ...fun events for warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wear a coat. Market goers often arrive in rain gear toO!

      Delete
  4. I haven't been to a farmer's market since the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.