Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Being part of a community

 

What a great way to support our church...have a yard sale.

Others did all the work setting these wares out for great buys. I had one of those weeks where I had to stay away from chemicals in the air, including cleaning things I wanted to donate. So I made up for it by buying a few.

I had no idea what some of those kitchen gadgets were!



It was located under the trees in the shade...and everything would be half price at noon. I was gone by 11:00, and couldn't wait in case someone else wanted what I had my eyes on...


This cute cabinet with three drawers and a cupboard with a shelf.  It took about 5-6 of the stronger people from the church to figure out two different car trunks weren't wide enough, and to finally load it into a small pickup truck bed, and follow me driving back to the apartment, where they brought it right into my bedroom for me. It was awkward, heavy, and also fragile with a cardboard back...What wonderful generous people they are!


And I finally got duct tape to repair the back where cutouts were perforated for electronics...and one part had split a bit. You can see it at the bottom of bottom shelf...it was reinforced on the outer side, where tape had more trouble sticking. Anyway, it's not going anywhere for a while now.


I had to skootch it over a bit to use the closet door, but it will allow access this way.

Sharing with Thankful Thursday!   

Today's quote:

Each lifetime brings with it specific lessons that are necessary for our spiritual evolution.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Indeed I did, and gladly paid full price...it's a good cause.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Your new cabinet is pretty. It is great the yard sale is held for the church. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm slowly getting used to it, and figuring what will go inside.

      Delete
  3. Nice new cabinet. Good find there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like such a nice woodsy venue, and they gave you good help to get that thing home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not have been able to buy it if they hadn't offered to bring it to my house...which after all is 1/2 mile away.

      Delete
  5. Love your fantastic find. I think I have cabinet Envy...I could really use a unit like that. Church sales are the best. Hubby and I have always been involved in our church sales. Its a great way to meet new friends and involve the community too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. Good find, good sale and lots of friends around.

      Delete
  6. What a pretty little find and so nice of everyone to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice buy and a nice experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You belong to a very caring community.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to sit in the shade of trees. There is always something we "need" at a yard sale. :-) And I love your quote! Regula

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find! Thank you for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.