Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Friday, September 24, 2021

Driving through town

 A fun juxtaposition of a sweet sign (Hey Hey Cupcakes) and a earth moving vehicle being carted behind a flat-bed truck, making it look as if it's flying

.

Everybody stops in the center of town, no matter which way you're going, it's just standard to expect about 2-3 minutes wait, or sometimes up to 6 minutes as the lights cycle through and pedestrians eventually get their chance to cross US 70 or NC 9, aka State St. and Montreat Rd.


When I got to my admittedly favorite restaurant with an order waiting for my take-out, there was this extraordinary vehicle parked there. I dare say it is a patron, rather than someone who works there! It's nice to think that people who run around in this money-absorbing gas-guzzler eat much the same food that I do.


The weather was just beautiful, our first day of fall. Here's the hidden Welcome to Black Mountain sign, with beautiful flowers at least!

I had stimulated my appetite by walking around Lake Tomahawk earlier with a friend. More on that in another post.




4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    A walk around the lake and lunch sound lovely. The flowers look beautiful around the town's welcome sign.
    Take care, enjoy your day. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I'm happy to drive my 11 year old SUV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a brilliant day! Like Tom's comment, I drive an old SUV. Great for road trips!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.