Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Tailgate Sept. 18, 2021

 There weren't as many pop-up tents or vendors at the Tailgate Market behind the First Baptist church this week. There didn't seem to be a big crowd of shoppers either. But the Mud Buddies said they did alright for an "off season" Saturday morning.  The next tourist season will be October when people come to see the pretty fall foliage in the mountains.




The three potters share the duties of sales. There once were five of us, but the rest of us have retired.

The three potters were wearing masks, of course. And visitors were also asked to wear them.




The Mud Buddies didn't even come out to sell pots last year at all.


The market had some lovely little ones walking with parents, and this mom gave me permission to take the princess' photo. The market no longer allows dogs to come visit everyone...but one huge white poodle combination walked sedately through with its owner. I dare say it didn't walk by the gate keeper, but came in on the other side of the area.


I got a kick out of the chicken and the letters on this table...the letters are metal.


2 comments:

  1. I am glad the buddies are back in business. I got my kiln moved to my new place and now am waiting to get all the other details figured out.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.