Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Snow on the mountains and...

 

Ingles parking lot has been cleared 

These are south facing slopes, so they must be pretty cold. It wasn't above freezing on Sat at noon when I shopped for groceries.


Earlier in the day I tried to capture the north side of these mountains outside my window. 

I love these maple trees most of the time, but they do hide the mountains on the other side of the valley pretty well.

5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    It is a beautiful view, seeing the mountains with a dusting of snow.
    Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for comment, Eileen...you are up much earlier in the day than I am...it's good to see a friend when I first log on!

      Delete
  2. It has been too many years since I have seen snow on mountains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My youngest son and wife live near ski slopes in Colorado. I haven't been on skis since I was in my 20s! And I don't usually walk on our snow when it's just fallen. Seeing it is my choice!

      Delete
  3. They really should clear a little window/opening through the branches just for you.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.