Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Storm Izzy

NOTE: This was also posted on my other blog, When I was 69.

 Today there is snow everywhere. Not much chance of going out to take photos yet, but maybe this afternoon...I hope.

Here's a catch up from yesterday, and this morning.

Dawn, the sidewalk edge is still visible...and the light is still on.


Someone shoveled where the two steps are on that sidewalk, and the lady in the apartment on the end shoveled all the way to her car.

Still snowing off and on, and windy on Monday, but there was a brief moment the sun cast a shadow on this scene.


On the other side of my house, light snow continued.

I worried when I noticed the next apartment to mine had the inside door open behind her storm door. Her daughters frequently come to take care of her.  A while later I could see the footprints of a person leading up to her apartment. The fuzzy quality of this shot if due to condensation on my storm door.

Tuesday morning...not much has changed.


Sunrise hitting Big Windy, the name I call the biggest peak nearby.


4 comments:

  1. ...in my mind the snow is beautiful, take care and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I love the last shot of Big Windy and the sunrise. Take care, stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We drove in hopes to the park. Alas there was no snow left on the trees. So about the woodlands we did not go to see the branches hung with snow.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.