Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Thursday, March 30, 2023

A nearby church in Asheville


I recently attended a performance at  the Land of Sky United Church of Christ







I went looking for the name of the church, and got distracted, thus this post is late to come out!!
It's the  Land of Sky United Church of Christ.

It was 32 degrees at 8 am this morning, clear and sunny, which means the frost is melting quickly from the roofs and cars which I see out my window. Yesterday I got a clean bill of health (isn't that a weird saying?) from pneumonia and am slowly getting my feet back under me. I'm glad to have recordings of the last two classes of Bones for Life, so I can now catch up on them. They just make me feel better, but when sick I didn't have stamina or attention span to complete them. I'm grateful to be well, and to have these classes to complete at my own timing.

 

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are recovering! Pneumonia is no joke, especially in these Covid times. Now you will be able to enjoy the spring, but I know you will take care about when and how to get out and about. This getting older can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...getting older does slow one's recovery time down. I have learned that before. But I also tend to be lazy, so I need to push myself a bit. Like todayl I should at least walk until I am huffing and puffing.

      Delete
  2. ...Land of Sky is a good name for a church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several civic organizations use that name here. But church name is definitely a good one!

      Delete
  3. What good news about your battle with pneumonia. I'm sure you're glad to have them behind you.
    What a lovely church building. We attend a UCC church in Hanover that goes way back in time.
    Thanks for your well wishes for my surgery tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a sucker for interesting architecture, as you may have noticed. I'd love to see pictures of your UCC church sometime.

      Delete
  4. Glad you are on the upswing.

    I just commented to Sue that we shouldn’t have too many more frosty mornings, but that may be wishful thinking. This is my way to telling you that there is a frost this morning at 7:12.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.