Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Sunday, March 26, 2023

O'Keeffe style Poppies

 A repost from 2018 to share my Poppies on pottery. This is a good way to sit here and heal (me) while you have something pretty to look at. A FB friend has started painting and I'm urging her on, of course. She asked me what my O'Keeffe style was.

Now I've done a vase, which still has a bit of Georgia O'Keeffe's style...and is pretty brilliant (meaning the colors are vibrant!)


I started with these 4 medium size mugs. All my mugs have Celtic Cross thumb knobs.

The same mug next to the vase.


The vase can certainly stand alone, or have some great green stems of flowers coming out of it...what do you think?

Everything is hand painted, while looking at an O'Keefe painting.

Today's Quote:
“Research suggests that one of the most effective things that procrastinators can do is to forgive themselves for procrastinating,” Swanson 

15 comments:

  1. I love the poppies, I like both the vase and mug. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I just found your comment hidden in the "Is this spam" place. Wonder why that happens. So glad you like my attempt at art.

      Delete
  2. ...a great style to emulate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second try to reply...first just disappeared. I said it was an interesting process to convert the colors and shapes to glazes on ceramics from her beautiful work in oil paint on canvas.

      Delete
  3. You did some very nice work, which you can still enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I can enjoy photos, and a few of the pieces I made.

      Delete
  4. I love seeing your beautiful art, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin. It's always great to hear from you!

      Delete
  5. These are gorgeous! What happy poppies. Makes my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made some lovely pieces. Glad you didn't sell them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vase is probably in someone's home...or at least packed away. It's not on my shelves. I think I just have 1 mug left.

      Delete
  7. Yes, either one can stand alone.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.