Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Sunday, May 5, 2024

A Lacrosse Game




My two sons!

 Today my youngest granddaughter played lacrosse at an away game in Cincinnati. She and her parents and myself and my older son who was also visiting rode the big Honda down highways through thunder storms. 


Kate was #8

The athletes had a warm up practice while us adults went to have lunch. Yes we fed 17 year old Kate on the way and she actually took about an hour nap.  

Then fortunately we got to sit on highest seats in the bleachers and I had railings to hold onto for the steep steps.

And it’s didn’t rain and was cloudy most of the time… with a few minutes of excruciatingly hot noonday sun. We all lathered down with sun block.

And our team won. Final score was 12 to 9. Though Kate is just a junior, she got to play several times in the last 2 quarters.

And now I know just a bit more about the sport.




9 comments:

  1. ...here, boys play lacrosse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to play lacrosse at the girls' grammar (secondary) school I attended... definitely not a girly game 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos of your beautiful family.
    Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest daughter played lacrosse in high school. My niece played for William and Mary all through college. She was the goalie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful trip you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Handsome sons! And what a splendid outing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lacrosse is our heritage from the indigenous peoples. In fact it is Canada's supposed national game, or at least one of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great looking family and I'm glad you had good weather for learning as you enjoy watching your granddaughter play a new and unfamiliar sport. I've learned a lot of different things from my grandchildren and (now) even great-grands. Keeps my brain active.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.