Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Saturday, May 4, 2024

The delay and the President

 The rest of the journey.


I de-planed around 6, waited for a wheelchair helper, then had to be carted from the E terminal wing to the B one. Gate B-1 to be exact. Two women took turns pushing me as fast as the crowded concourses would allow. 



Anna (from Brazil) really was running when she could. And I got to the gate by 6:28 when it was just about to board. I went first, being the wheel chair person! It was so helpful.  And yes I was masked ever since a guy 2 seats over had gurgling coughs. This was the most crowds I’ve been in! (Never had covid yet)



First on and the plane to Columbus wasn’t even full!



Charlotte is a hub for American Airlines, and at least has 2 runways.

The reason we had difficulties landing? The President had been there to honor the 4 law enforcement officers who had recently been killed in Charlotte in the line of duty (while arresting a man in his home.) But of course Airforce One would take priority!

I had signed in at the airport at 12 noon that day, and arrived in Columbus around 8:30 pm, having eaten only crackers and peanut M&Ms. My son lovingly brought me a little tupperware container with small amounts of the dinner I missed. Yum! We waited for the checked luggage and then I was finally at his house!

I still can’t comment from the iPad, but at least I’ve found a way to post! And I can read my friend’s blogs!

Today’s quote (#2)

What if joy is not only entangled with pain, or suffering, or sorrow, but is also what emerges from how we care for each other through those things?

ROSS GAY




5 comments:

  1. ...I'm glad that your trip is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds excellent! I guess the President takes precedent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you finally arrived safely. Take care, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your son brought you something to eat. Goodness, you could have driven in less time than that. But you seem to have stayed in good spirits! I do wonder why the prez couldn't have landed at one of NC's military bases though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One time when we flew from the west coast to Florida my husband was recovering from surgery and walking on crutches so we reserved for a wheel chair -- we always have a stopovers/transfer and the reservation worked fantastic at each of the three -- the fastest and easiest way to get through a busy airport, even though I had to run to keep up when we had a pusher like the lady you show! If/when we ever have a reason to do that again I will order a chair for myself as well just because I'm old.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.