Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

The view is worth it, but how long can you look at it?

Getting there is more of the fun...once you reach the summit, how long can you just look at thousands of mountains in the distance? They are fortunately labeled well now on photographic dioramas facing each direction.

 Looking down at the road we came up...

 Our 2 Barbaras selfie from the top of Mt. Mitchell.



 On Thursday there wasn't a big crowd, and each person took turns taking photos...everyone was very polite about that.




We were glad we'd brought our sandwiches, guacamole and chips, and ate in a picnic shelter. But none of the water fountains were available to fill our water jugs. (They did sell water at the concession, I wonder if that had anything to do with the fountains being turned off.)

9 comments:

  1. Hello, pretty views and I like your selfies shot. Wishing you a happy day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen - Thanks for coming over and commenting. I always cringe at seeing myself, but am trying to get used to it.
    Tom - Yes, that's enough, isn't it? A while just goes as long as it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I walked to see a beautiful view, I enjoy it, take photos, and then get ready to head back to the bottom. The walk always for me is just as enjoyable as the view. I wonder why the fountains were turned off, you think there would have been a notice because people need to stay hydrated.
    Nice photos, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never get tired of those views.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long can you look at it? I wondered that when I first saw Niagara Falls. OK, there it is, impressive, but now what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scenes! I think many places turn off the water right after Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I can feel the wind on my face and smell the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking the time to share these beautiful photos with us. It looked like a beautiful day and just a gorgeous scene to take in. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.