Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk June 12, 2024

Sunday, June 16, 2024

The porch plants

 

New Miss Lavender is doing really well. No fertilizing, and kind of dry and hot these days!

I've got two or three pots of purple petunias.


This coleus made several very large leaves, but has yet to sprout upward further...we shall see what happens with it.



Personally I'm getting much better at attending events I've signed up for...like the Tailgate Market yesterday morning, and docent volunteering at the Center for the Arts big gallery exhibit in the afternoon. Fortunately in the morning it wasn't unbearably hot in the shade outside, and in the afternoon the gallery was frigid with air conditioning really turned low. I stood in the doorway to the very hot patio for a few minutes to warm up.  And I came home after a late lunch of a Bento Box at Sake Sushi of scallops teriyaki - with leftovers for another meal! Guess what the next 3 hours were? Yep, a solid nap! This elder knows how the old machine works, and needs resting when doing lots of "out there" activities. As an introvert, I especially need my alone time to re-charge!

Sharing with Garden Blogger's Bloom Day


Today's quote:

The goal of life
is to make your heartbeat
match the beat of the universe,
to match your nature with Nature.

The goal of life is to be a vehicle
for something higher.


- Joseph Campbell, 
Reflections on the Art of Living: A Joseph Campbell Companion.  

11 comments:

  1. Your plants are looking good, I wish I had some Lavender!
    Great quote! Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had lots of other plants...but this is the collection for this season.

      Delete
  2. ...a nap can be a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowerpots are a great way to garden. Aside from some perennials for times past, we no longer plant in-ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a few bigger pots...but then I'd have that much more to carry in and out with seasons. Nope, this is the collection.

      Delete
  4. Your plants looks fantastic. Naps are cool, I usually fall asleep while reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, the other day I had that heavy eyed feeling, but made myself stay awake till I got home and into bed.

      Delete
  5. Such pretty flowers! I am a big lavender fan, plant it every year. I never thought about trying it in a pot though.
    Good for you, getting out and about! It is good for us, as you know, but sometimes it is hard to make ourselves do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel better, and that I can return to almost normal life again.

      Delete
  6. A very healthy lavender. Pretty pot it's in too.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.