Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Tardy to return

Douglas Lake, or the river between portions of it, provides I-40 from Knoxville to Asheville a reason for a bridge.  And the bridge was a reason for a construction project.  And the construction was the reason for a delay of an hour in my journey earlier this week.  The delay was the reason the sun was setting at this point, rather than when I drove in my driveway.  And at least that was the end of the 2 delays where traffic was stop and go.  I was very grateful to not have any accident scenes to deal with on my whole trip.  Most of the drivers were very polite.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.