Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Friday, November 7, 2014

Animal week

I seemed to have run into a lot of animals lately.

Lying down are 2 donkeys, and there's a pony (you'll see more I think) and to the left are 2 more donkeys, I think)

 What is that over there?  I stopped to view a cemetery, one of the oldest around here, and across the street were all these animals!  (I'll share some close ups tomorrow).

Patton Cemetery


Quote for today:
We are able to laugh, if only for a moment, when we achieve detachment.
May Sarton

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about that wording...I didn't run over any animals...just happened upon them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first wife is buried in a cemetery in the country and directly across the road is a busy farm lot of cows with farmhouse and barn. I guess I was glad to see that back then when I realized that is around the cemetery. I was a farm boy and it seemed fitting. I think your animals look like sheep but that may be wrong.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.