Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, April 18, 2024

A unique house and more

 

A good sale price urged me to purchase a new iPad. My mini iPad had stopped updating, and wasn't in the mood to charge anyway. Now just to figure out if I can blog on the little thing! So far it's an uphill task! Any tips from other bloggers using an iPad would be welcome in comments!


I did go to Asheville to buy my new iPad, so swung up into Kenilworth, and found the Lustron home that Tom the Backroads Traveler had mentioned. I'd checked and it was still there on Google World Maps in 2022. 70 Hampden Rd, Asheville. And it's there and nicely tended on April 14, 2024!


Here's the link to Tom's post
about the ones in New York. And I commented that I'd seen them when I was a child (perhaps when they first came out in the 40s) in Houston TX. I remember walking on plastic runways over the carpet through the models. And my little sister was having fits cause she didn't have a nap. Funny the things that strike your memory! I adored the new shiny modern furnishings. Of course there wasn't much chance we'd get one of these houses, but a 7 year old can hope!

I finally had another lunch outing with some close friends...Sake Sushi, Japanese restaurant in Black Mountain. Here's Helen's vegetable teriaki with brown rice. Somehow my scallops teriaki bento box didn't get photographed. We all had the miso soup to start our meals.



Teresa's shrimp tempura bento box looked delicious. All of us split our meals and took half home for another meal.


Today's quote:

“Behind the screen of the ordinary can be found unique and wonderful things.”  

- American poet Ted Kooser




12 comments:

  1. The house is cute! Your lunch looks yummy!
    I have not used my ipad in years, I do not think I ever used it to blog.
    Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend most computer time blogging (reading others' blogs mainly.) I'll still be able to do that on the iPad!

      Delete
  2. ...it's a beauty in its setting, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said before, open your browser (Safari by default unless you install another). Go to blogger.com and login there, just the way that you do on the computer. That's for typing, but you're probably asking about photos, and if I think of it I'll experiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found when I compiled a blog, the editing was very slow. Maybe 5 photos was part of it. And then I couldn't post it for a future date, just the present time. I couldn't even save it then as a draft. What a headache I'm having with blogger on my iPad!

      Delete
    2. But I should complain to them, not you!

      Delete
  4. You got farther them I did. I just tried to insert pics into a fake blog and got nowhere. It didn’t link to my iCloud photos for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link to Tom's blog. Those houses are pretty cool!
    Sorry for your headaches with Blogger. I use my phone to blog almost exclusively. I can't pre-date a post, but I can save drafts. I don't try for the wee early posts like most seem to do, can't see why that is important really. I have no problems at all blogging with my phone and it's so handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear good news. You gave me good info about saving drafts. I'll see if it works on the iPad too. I don't need to post ahead except when I only have time at the computer that's limited and I know I'll be away from it for a while. And I do like to have the photos loaded ahead of time, I guess. Early hours just fell into place, no rhyme nor reason.

      Delete
  6. Your laptop looks just like my Chromebook which I use for my blog. Yes, your life looks very nice and we appreciate visiting. Aloha friend. Enjoy your new iPad!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.