Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Yesterday, today and tomorrow

 

Main Street (now State St.) looking east on US Highway 70 Black Mountain NC (date?)


Today:


Looking east on State St. 2024




State St. looking west from corner of Montreat Rd. (NC 9) 2023


Tomorrow:

 I  will return in a few days from visiting family out of state, and resume working on clay again.












Sharing with Tuesday's Treasures

Today's quote:

We’re built to live simultaneously in love and loss, bitter and sweet.

SUSAN CAIN





11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing all my family. I was with only one of them at Christmas, so this is my chance to see about 5 blood relations and another 4 in-law relations!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you'll be back in the clay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. I love doing things in clay! A medium that I find more forgiving than watercolors!

      Delete
  3. ...it's nice to see the streetscape retains many of the old buildings. Have fun playing in the mud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You know I'm a "mudbuddy" so that's definitely something I enjoy. Actually as a kid I played in sandy mud for "mud pies." Such was our dirt where I lived.

      Delete
  4. Have a good time! Can't wait to see your clay creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll eventually be over on the art blog "Alchemy of Clay". Thanks for good wishes. Now to deal with airports. But I am working on an approach that will make it doable and a breeze. I'll let you know if it works!

      Delete
  5. Mother of Dragons!! How satisfying. The shots of old town and now town are just the same without the seven up sign and the awnings. Looks pretty do-able and low key! Have a great time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe travel, enjoy your trip! Love the dragon! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.