Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A neighborhood grandmother oak goes

Across the street have been many construction workers and different kind of motors rumbling for several weeks.  Today chain saws woke me up.

And there was, high in grandmother oak, a man with ropes and chain saw.  I guess since the truck in front of it must be 12 feet tall, the oak is around 150 feet tall.  As the day went on, I would poke my head out and take a few pictures.  At first I hoped he was just cutting deadwood.  Now after about 8 hours, I'm pretty sure the whole thing will be chopped into moveable lengths by time he's finished

So here's the beginning to the middle...





They took a break at noon, and I went to a meeting.  Then the rest of the afternoon will be continued on my next post (tomorrow!)

1 comment:

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.