Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Friday, May 23, 2014

Parkway AND Tailgate Market

I promised you more pictures of my tour on the Blue Ridge Parkway, but Saturday morning I'm actually at the Tailgate Market in Black Mountain, NC.
From 9-12 the MudBuddies have pottery, and the other vendors have lots of other lovely things to eat, wear and plant.

I've got a completely new selection of pots for you to chose from, including over 20 tiny vases at $10 or less.  And here're photos from our market posted last week!.

OK, now the commercial message is over, let's see those photos! Tanbark Overlook Vista is where we left off yesterday.

It was bright and sunny, coolish once I was over 3000 feet, and there were all these different colors of green.  All bright new foliage on the trees and bushes.

Before I knew it I was at the turnoff to Craggy Gardens Picnic Area.  This is a favorite spot for picnics on Memorial Day (this Monday!)  Here is the lovely bed of Trillium across from the turnoff.




More Trillium tomorrow!  Then the picnic grounds!  What a surprise of wildflowers there!

Quote for the day:


Hope is the deep orientation of the human soul that can be held at the darkest times.
Vaclav Havel

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful place for a Memorial Day picnic. Wishing you a very happy weekend B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Trillium and I LOVE that quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb -- I see you have a very nice quote of Vaclav Havel. As a writer, I feel he is an overall man that tells the truth and also lived it during his life time. Have you read his book, " Living In Truth?" I just ordered his "The Art of the Impossible." Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb and Mona...I haven't read Havel...but have followed his life with interest. Time to get one of those books, eh?

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.