Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fall days

I hope the people who continue to have the trees removed across on the corner leave that big fir that still dominates the neighborhood.  But they took a locust or two out last week.  And they were climbing in the fir removing deadwood.  I had my fingers crossed that they'd leave it intact.  So many other beautiful trees are now gone.  That's a sweet little dogwood in my next-door neighbor's yard (other side of fence) and the tree on the right is my Crepe Myrtle.

Today's Quote:


Drawing on my fine command of the language, I said nothing.  Robert Benchley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.