Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cold feet

Must mean...



backing out of plans at the last minute

or the floor is cold

or you don't have your fluffy slippers on

or you've plunged them into the Gulf of Mexico in November 

or poor circulation



In my case, I think the latter may be happening.  And the first is something I seldom have happen, though I may think about it.

But in the last few days I've been surprised to find Florida floors are cold.  That's because of quarry tile over concrete slab, over the earth.  In the summer it probably is welcome.  In the last week, when I forgot my fluffy slippers, I would sit with a pillow under my feet, or wrap them in a blanket.

Then I came home and again the floor was cold if I didn't have those fluffy slippers.  The temperature never gets that warm in the crawl space under my floors, so I expected it.  Just was surprised that I'd dealt with it while visiting sunny relations. 

I'll be sharing some vacation photos for the next few days...why not?

Quote for today:


How fit to employ all the heart and the soul and the senses forever in joy!
Robert Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.