Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Friday, June 7, 2019

Healing woods or healing waters

Many times I come to this sweet little stretch of Flat Creek, just inside the gateway to Montreat.  I can't do much hiking these days, so it's nice to park right near the road and walk immediately into the woods and see running clear water.






I wasn't sure how much longer this bridge would be standing!  I didn't hold onto railings for any measure of support.



The bare roots that had tripped me as I stepped off the bridge a year ago are now covered by nice gravel.




The drainage pipe is almost invisible though it's in the center of the view below. Just above on the other side of the creek is a memory garden with various markers and cremated remains in a stone wall. It is a quiet meditation place with stone seats for remembering lost loved ones.  It's invisible from this side of Flat Creek.




Yes, there are fairies who visited me...in the forms of bright pale blue butterflies.





3 comments:

  1. I almost tripped up. I thought I read Montreal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place to gather one's thoughts and forget (at least for a while) all the troubles we face. Lovely post, Barb.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.