Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Friday, June 21, 2019

Where I spent the afternoon...

 Entrance to the Monte Vista Hotel

 an it's garden room of the restaurant, now called Milton's.

 while right next to it is the Red House. Also known as
 The Swannanoa Valley Fine Arts League


 This ol' house may have many ceilings and floors that aren't quite level,
 You even have to get use to going up (or down) this flight of stairs to the front porch.
 View from the porch looking at the site of the swimming pool, which has been filled in for years!
So come on in, there's always someone to welcome guests...and this week we had some from Scotland, I see on the guest register!

4 comments:

  1. Hello,

    The hotel looks beautiful. The Red House, is a cute place for an art gallery!
    Have a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spied a most interesting outdoor staircase and walkway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eileen, thanks for stopping by and your comment. I love seeing your blog!
    William K, glad to have a comment from you...I'm so happy to see what you post on your blog daily (and I don't quite do as well!)
    AC - glad to have you drop by - and I'm keeping pace with your posts too these days!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.