Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

A visitor



My neighbor asked me to take some photos of this pretty butterfly (Swallowtail?)  It had landed on her, and didn't seem interested in flying away.  We pondered where she could put her, thinking maybe the butterfly bush nearby, but she (neighbor) went to another friend and asked for recommendations since she was "into flowers." Butterfly was reported to not be interested, so my neighbor took her home and put her on her houseplant. Then she came back to my house and asked me to send her these photos as emails!

Nice encounter, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Hello, pretty Swallowtail. It is nice to land on your neighbor. Wishing you a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice thing to have happen. I had it happen to me a few morning long ago as I sat on my deck drinking coffee before work. They were smaller than this, but there were a few of them.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.