Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Thursday, August 1, 2024

It's August!

 Rabbit Rabbit...or good luck for the beginning of another month. August!


Black Otter Rex rabbits

August 1 is a pagan holiday of Lamas. Celebrate with fresh breads, products of the wheat and corn harvests!





Hares at it...by National Geographic


For Celtic celebrations, August 1 is known as Lughnasadh, another harvest celebration.



However you approach August, stay cool, calm, healthy and share the love!


8 comments:

  1. ..I wish you an Awesome August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Tom! It's a month of many birthdays in my family!

      Delete
  2. How very interesting I never heard of that! Always a pleasure to visit with you dear. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got lots of Scottish and Irish roots, not to mention in this area of western North Carolina are others with ancestors from those areas as well. So I'm learning about some of the historic celebrations.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. Changes are happening. I just decided to stop publishing so many blogs. How did that happen that I do 2 every day? Crazy! Also I'm quitting the studio in August.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.