Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Do you remember?


I parked and couldn't resist taking a picture of these lonely pay phones.

 It's not the Tardis...another ancient and mysterious source of a phone box...but it's also the first of these I've seen in maybe 5 years.

How about you?  Where did you see one last, and when?

 Of course I wasn't brave enough to go see if they worked.  The last few I tried didn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.