Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Friday, July 26, 2013

What belongs and what doesn't...

OK, we've had breakfast, and now it's morning nap time.

But what's this?

Lake Tomahawk never floods, it has controls where the water goes out, and the level doesn't get higher than a few inches.

The big sluice is part of the drainage, and there's another valve that is turned to release water out a big pipe below the dam.

So I knew right away last Monday morning, how the Stop Sign had ended up in the lake.  Young people having their idea of fun.  I saw this as a younger-than-I-am man walked along with his dog.  I asked him "did you do things like that when you were a kid? I sure didn't."  He kind of looked surprised to have me ask him.  His dog just took it in stride.  (The sign was gone the next time I walked!)

1 comment:

  1. Nice photos! Kids just have to do stuff like that, don't they!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.