Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Friday, November 8, 2013

Tunnel Road



Charlotte Street is the cross street for Tunnel Road in Asheville, heading east.

Head up a hill and curve to the right...

And there's the mouth of the tunnel itself.



In Asheville, US 70 goes through a mountain.  When the interstate 40 people were working on a bypass, named 240, they kind of went over the same mountain...but the cut is sheer and still pretty deep.

 I can't ever take pictures while driving it, so it will be some time probably before I can show you those rocky faces.  It took my breath away when I first saw it, and it's stupendous after a snow and the south facing rocks have icy drips everywhere.  So that's one of my goals for this winter...to pull off to the side and take pictures before a police car comes along.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Those police have the knack of materializing when you least expect it - so be careful. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there on Tuesday and thinking how nice it was that Asheville has so many trees.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.