Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Grey Eagle


This is a reposted photo from last year.

Until 1850's the town was known as Grey Eagle, as the Cherokee Indians had named it.  Now it's Black Mountain.



What a wonderful life I’ve had! I only wish I’d realized it sooner.
Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette, Quoted in Age Doesn't Matter Unless You're a Cheese, by Kathryn and Ross Petras

2 comments:

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.