Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Thursday, January 15, 2015

At 41 degrees

I decided it was sunny and warm enough to walk some of the way around the lake.
I left my gloves at home, but carried hat and scarf with me.
So glad I did, because the wind off the water was very numbing! I walked one way till I was cold, then just turned around and came back.  The path was quite muddy from several days of rain.

And even the ducks decided eating on dry land might be more delicious than in the water.



1 comment:

  1. Although cold you still had some sunshine to make the walk that bit more enjoyable. I wonder if the ducks could feel the heat of the sun warming their feathers.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.