Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Friday, December 21, 2018

Some night scenes

I seldom end up being out at night. Something to do with a fairly early bedtime, I imagine.

 But the other night after a dinner party, I thought I'd take a bit of a ride around downtown Black Mountain.  I know there are more beautifully decorated homes...but this is the grouping I saw.


 The Red Rocker Inn has a restaurant which was full of guests.


 The camera blurred the pretty star on this front porch.




 Unfortunately I didn't get a red light, so just slowed down and took this blurry one of Town Square.  It certainly deserves better, so I'll go back again !
 Looking down Cherry St. from State Street, by 7:15 this town usually pulls up the sidewalks.  There are a few pubs open still, which do host into later hours.
 The Trail Head Restaurant had some damage to it's roof from the snow last week, so they are closed for now.  Too bad as this is a busy shopping and eating out season.

 Mellie Mack's very busy, with plants, trees wreathes, and perhaps still the wine bar!

The Monte Vista had outside lights that invite you in to see the Christmas Tree contest.  I need to go see it soon too.




4 comments:

  1. Lighted homes in the dark radiate warmth and cheer -- thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    They are beautiful captures of the Christmas lights at night. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend. I want to thank you for all the visits and comments on my blog this past year. I am looking forward to visiting your blog in 2019. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vicki...I hope to do some more slow drives again sometime soon.
    Thanks WIlliam...I agree, that's my favorite too.
    Eileen, thanks for your warm comments frequently...and I also look forward to reading your bogs next year.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.