Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Retailing pottery

Today I'm off in the high school gym at McDowell High School in Marion NC, selling my pottery (I hope.)

I could not do this without the help of friends.  Tim is helping cart everything over there from Black Mountain, and will help bring it all home also.  That's tables, and bins of pottery mainly.

We are fortunate to be inside where it's dry and heated.  I'm not doing any more outdoor shows (in this lifetime.)

And my trusty friend Cathy Babula and I share our booth.  I have a lot of pottery.  She has just returned to potting, and will have some beautiful pieces, though not as many as me.


If you're thinking of shopping there this Saturday, (10-4) be warned...the crowds come early to get the best bargains.  And the sales are really slow after 2 pm, so you won't be bumping into everyone else...but you might miss getting what you really need/want to purchase!

I shared on my other blog about getting ready yesterday HERE and mentioned some other shows I'll be selling from.

4 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Good luck with your pottery show. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it goes well for you. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hope there's not as much stuff to cart on the homeward journey! Have a good day whatever the outcome.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Eileen, thanks for your comment...it's always so nice to have your cheerful greetings.
    William I welcome your comments, since you're relatively new to my blogs...I've started looking at yours too!
    John, you said it! And since many of my sales were of Christmas Ornaments...the big items that weigh the most still went home with me. Ugh. But we did have customers enough that both Cathy and I were happy with the day's efforts. Thanks for giving me a word of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.