Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Weather rules

Though there have been a couple of days of sunshine, there's rain in the forecast at the end of the week. Take a deep breath.  Do you get the petrichor? I hope so.  It's better than the artificially dried and warmed air of our homes these days...though I do hope you are keeping warm and dry in your shelter... I think there's a variation of petrichor that happens on concrete...like sidewalks.  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard the term before.

    Here we're pretty much in snowy conditions for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    The earth does have a scent after a rain.. We are expecting more rain tomorrow, like we have not had enough already. Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that word! I've always enjoyed the smell and was delighted to discover the word a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.