Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Grey Eagle park and BMCA Clay Studio

If you're climbing the driveway or the path from the lower to the upper parking lot, you see some gorgeous variations of shade tolerant plantings.

About halfway up, the studio comes into focus.  This is where I usually stop to catch my breath.  No stairs, but the climb is about the same as 2 stories in height.


Down by the tracks where there's lots of sun, pretty blooms have been planted.  And (besides the portapotty darkly hiding but being very necessary during the art show) there is a new (to me) sign.

Now this is Centennial Park, it says.

A grey eagle statue reminds us this town was once called Grey Eagle.



North Carolina flag to the right, American flag to the left.




Today's Quote:
I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.
OG MANDINO

4 comments:

  1. Shade plants can be quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love the plants and flowers. The Eagle sculpture is beautiful.
    Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.