Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Thursday, June 27, 2019

St. John's Wort next day!

  And the next day the blossom had completely deflated, and only it's little ovary remained. (We may have had a night rain.)

I'm waiting to see the rest of these buds open!

And my favorite colorful flower of the summer...Marigolds

 There are also some brilliant geraniums, but alas, the flutter little red petals all over the porch. I wait till it rains or blows them away.  My attempts to sweep damp red petals leaves streaks of red everywhere!


Today's Quote:
The truly noteworthy events in our lives are often the least momentous, yet the most wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I love all the flowers. Great quote! Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like that geraniums seem to be resistant to the bugs that devour some our our other plants.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.