Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Kitchens used to have these...do you remember?




Not sure what this squeezed.  Do you know?

 My mom had a meat grinder like this, before we bought all our hamburger at the store. Since my dad's father had worked at a meat packing plant, they probably knew a lot about meat. Poppy was an accountant, and so was my father.

Another interesting one, but I don't know what product it used...
Oh dear, I wish I knew what this was for...


My friend, Martha, used to always grind fresh coffee beans before making a cup...in the 2000s even!

Thanks to Swannanoa Valley History Museum

Today's quote:
Keeping the sun inside of you, when you are missing it on the outside, is a way to say hello to the sun and let it warm your soul.
 Madisyn Tayor

2 comments:

  1. Glass bottles and meat grinders for sure. I think my mother had the grinder up until her passing in '03.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of these are definitely enigmatic to me.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.