Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, September 23, 2022

Black Mountain update

 

The refurbished old gas station now has a little vintage type light fixture out by the road, and some grass rolled in, but no good sidewalk between that grass and the road itself. That probably will have to change.

Here's an earlier shot from July...that dirt area is now grass, but there's just 18 inches or so of concrete sloping into the asphalt of US Highway 70. No curb anywhere.

In Ingles Grocery, they don't do autumn. They jump from summer straight to winter needs!


As I drove by...sorry about cut-off by window. This is The Grange, with focus on meat products and serving alcoholic beverages with them. The gravel lot used to be a parking lot, so these nice shelters and some landscaping are really a good improvement. Unless you want a place to park.


I'll have to try it out some evening. It doesn't look like it does any business at noon (on Wed. when I took these photos and very few cars were parked in the slots right by the sidewalk.)  I like the side order dishes which the same company sells at Little Sprouts, their catering outlet where I can pick up delicious beans, sweet potatoes, sour cream mashed potatoes, and "That Salad" which serves me 3 full plate meals.

Sharing with Skywatch Friday


Farm Animal Rights: Post #3
In fact, if everyone in the U.S. ate plant-based food one day each week and ensured that any animal products they eat one other day that week were from animals raised on pasture, it would spare 2.8 billion animals from factory farming annually, which translates into a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, pollution and resource usage from factory farms by more than 25%.
Source: "How many Animals Does a Vegetarian Save?" Counting Animals.



15 comments:

  1. ...the old gas station looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    The remodeled gas station does look great. The Grange has a nice outdoor area. I am not ready for winter or snow shovels. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually looking to purchase a ice cooler...to have in the trunk of my car. But I borrowed one that had wheels on one end and that's what I want now.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's so nice that they have refurbished it in the original style!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I can't wait till it opens as a restaurant...and of what, I wonder.

      Delete
  5. I love the fact that someone chose not to demolish that old gas station, but instead to refurbish it. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been empty and an eyesore in downtown Black Mountain for at least 20 years...if it ever had a second life before this one, it had died by then. So it is certainly wonderful to see.

      Delete
  6. I am wondering where my cooler is? mmmmm. It will show up. It is so great that the powers that be are not going to demolish but instead renovate the old gas station.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend is moving to NC this weekend. I'm pretty sure I will get to see NC for myself once she's settled.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's excellent, with at least 3 geographic areas...the sea shore, the piedmont, and the mountains. If you ever make it to Black Mountain, I'll buy you a cup of coffee!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.