Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, September 29, 2022

I'm baaaack!

 Doing workouts at the cardio/pulmonary rehab gym at Heart Path in Asheville.






I do like the "New Step" machines!




I found an old friend from 2 years ago...as well as a friend from Black Mountain...so I'll be making some new friends too. It's good to have some leadership (which I missed when trying to workout at the YMCA.)

I'm trying to go easy on myself to start...but I worked pretty hard earlier this week, and knew I needed a nap when I got home! I'm only going twice a week, and that leaves me other days to do things like take walks or drives. I can no longer do hikes due to my lungs, but the mountains offer their glorious views from many a overlook!


Today's quote:

We are all more blind to what we have than to what we have not.

AUDRE LORDE


10 comments:

  1. My exercise tends to consist of swimming at my campus gym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the water, but chlorine doesn't like my lungs! Keep doing what works for you!

      Delete
  2. That's such great news that you are going to the rehab gym again and working out again. Really happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm having mixed feelings today, got very tired and blood pressure was low, so I went home before doing much!

      Delete
  3. That’s great. Good for you. Enjoy your mountain views too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AC...I'm working between what my brain wants and what my body says...trying to listen to the message when I sleep 10 hours and cough a lot (yesterday) and low blood pressure today...so I went back home.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Maybe I spoke too soon, I managed to get to the gym today, but was tired right when I started, so decided to listen to the body after all and came home early. A good choice, my body says.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.