Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Thursday, September 7, 2023

And then there are good things in this world!

 


These cheerful beings came up in Facebook on the day my front tooth was broken off, by eating french fries no less. But the next day I bravely went with friends for another birthday lunch, and enjoyed myself if my smiles were a bit like the lady in front...mouth closed! More pretty flowers. An appointment on Sept. 8 to see my favorite dentist. No matter what happens in my mouth, she's very upbeat and a pleasure to have her giggle while drilling if necessary.









Today's quote:

The gift, and the curse, of the scientific mind is to know that every time we presume to see the whole of something, the plane of reality will tilt to reveal new mysteries  — and when reality does that tilt, we’re always “staggered with the sudden sense that we had been looking at only a fragment. The history of our species is the history of learning and forgetting and relearning this elemental truth.”  Maria Popova, author, editor of The Marginalian Newsletter

19 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well with your tooth and the dentist. Love your flowers, they are beautiful. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Have a great Thursday...till I see you again somewhere in blogland!

      Delete
  2. Hope all goes well at the dentist. Your flowers are so beautiful, lovely bouquets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have mold all through my air in this apt...though I do open windows in the am to get cool fresh air, by now (10 am) it's hotter outside. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the vases also are affected by the mold. But somehow flowers manage to stay bright! I do not put that sugar solution in the water though!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the dentist. Pretty flowers! I love the happy people image, made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm collecting happy people images now. Love to share the feeling they give me!

      Delete
  4. Oh my. What a thing to happen! Good luck at the dentist's. Love the flowers, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm hoping there will be a long term fix this time.

      Delete
  5. Aw, you'll be able to smile again soon. The flowers are very pretty too; I love having cut flowers in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so nice to pretend to be a bee and stick my nose into them. Chrysanthemums do have scent still!

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your tooth.

    I broke my front tooth when I was 9 years old. Still living with a substitute, which is as good as it gets. I've ever got it done properly. And well, I often laugh, mouth open and all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, it makes one happy to smile all over. Soon!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous flowers. My sister also broke a tooth eating something soft. It's a new thing to fear as we age, I guess!! One thing after another! #FloralFridayFoto

    ReplyDelete
  8. It happens. I once broke a tooth on a potato chip. Actually a filling popped out or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to have a dentist you like. It is hard to find a good one. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.