Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Sunday, September 10, 2023

New neighbors soon

 Looking up Walker St....

There's that empty lot on a steep slope. They start by building a high basement wall...lots of concrete blocks.  July 29. I posted about this here.


Another two story home is framed out. Aug 26


 Aug 28 As I go buy on this corner when shopping, I've watched these bare bones turn into a dwelling. The construction workers find some shade near their cars, sit on the side of the road and eat their lunches.


Sept. 3 This is the corner of Walker St. and Old US 70, where I turn left to go to Black Mountain or right to Swannanoa or Asheville. Not sure why I caught that rainbow flash! It is not through a window.

I'm happy that the dentist treated my broken tooth last Friday, and reconstructed it somehow. Amazing work, and chuckles throughout. I will next get some help on the other surfaces where I've also lost enamel.

Quote for this week:

Love is so short and forgetting is so long.
 -Pablo Neruda, poet, diplomat, Nobel laureate (1904-1973)

14 comments:

  1. I hope the new neighbors are nice. The house looks nice so far. I am glad the dentist could fix your tooth.
    Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you Eileen, for commenting so early in the day! It is always cheering to come on line and see you have been busy already!

      Delete
  2. ...housing is a serious problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine this house will be sold before it's finished.

      Delete
  3. Lots of building going on there. Hope all the new neighbors are kind good people. I'm glad you have such a good dentist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Fortunately the many trees do help reduce noise pollution, and most of us seniors who live in the apartment complex are in bed by 10 or 11. No problem even when live concerts are held a half mile down the road! So I think this neighborhood will continue to attract the good kinds of people (by my definition at least). Dog barking when owners leave the out on leash are the main difficulty, especially small yappy dogs.

      Delete
  4. They might be sorry they didn't build a bigger porch. Seems like we spend the summer on ours.
    Happy about your tooth! Good work, that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine their porch faces setting sun. Most folks go for back porches if that's possible. With their steep lot, I'm not sure it can happen.

      Delete
  5. I’m glad your dentist was able to fix your tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like they built the house right on the street, no front yard.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.