Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Monday, September 25, 2023

The first walk

 My first try to walk at the lake, I made it to this bench, then sat while my friend went all the way around the lake. I met her at the gazebo and then we went for muffin, coffee cake and coffee. Not exactly a good balance of exercise to caloric intake for me.


This maple is trying hard to show a bit of fall color.


My friends Jeff and Diane live in the yellow (mustard) colored house across the street from the tennis courts. You can't really see it, but on the far right is Denton the Dragon, just his sweet head shows next to the street sign. Jeff wrote a children's book, about Denton and his friends. It's really sweet.

Today's quote:

 Mark Twain said: "Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so."




19 comments:

  1. Pretty landscapes and photos. I like 10 to Zen, great advice. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you also have a great week, Eileen! I loved your picture for Monday!

      Delete
  2. ...I was hiking in the Adirondacks and bench were a welcomed sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine...much more so than the level path around our lake!

      Delete
  3. Even just making it to that bench afforded you a wonderful view as you waited for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And she got so she could do 2 laps of the lake. I'm proud to do one, with many stops.

      Delete
  4. You can no doubt walk farther than I these days with my gimpy foot. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty spot for a walk--or to sit on a bench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is that...and so many friendly people and dogs go by!

      Delete
  6. A short walk to the bench looks like a lovely spot to sit and enjoy the beauty. I see the dragon's head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good eyes. I need to go take a photo of the whole statue, which is maybe in wood...not whatever color he was in the book!

      Delete
  7. We do what we can when we can, that's my mantra. I like that 10 to Zen, but doubt I will ever achieve it. Worrier here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are the baby steps which we take...and can have pride in that accomplishment!

      Delete
  8. A bench is nice to see when you are out and about. I like the 10 to Zen great advice to try for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And just trying for the 10 to Zen is probably all anyone is expected to do.

      Delete
  9. Sorry to read you have no stamina for walking these days. Good advice at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each day I have improved my slow, rest when needed, walking. Though of course I don't manage to go every day. It's so good when I can!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.