Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Friday, September 15, 2023

Looking at trees

 

This maple on the right brings a bit of shade, but the 2 dogwoods further down the sidewalk are not doing very well. My apartment is to the left, the second set of wood stairs.

At the bottom of the hill I noticed these maples are a different variety, with sharp pointed leaves. Sorry, not all that clear in this pic.

At the junction of Walker Street are a couple of evergreens, with a lot of ivy growing up their trunks. New house can be seen behind them.

The other side of the driveway has pretty dense woods. I'm so glad there's this barrier between highways and our neighborhood.

This was an early bloomer in the spring, and it looks like it's going to show fall color pretty soon also.

Same bushy form with the evergreens in the background.


I think this line of firs (or whatever evergreens they are) were planted intentionally, since they are in a line and evenly spaced.

Looking up to the clubhouse/office building. Many steep slopes have this ground cover on them.


This is the little maple forest which I look out upon from my windows in the building on the right. With the steep hill, I am on the upper floor on this side of my apartment.

And since 9/11 was this week, this is the "Survivor Tree" there. It's likely there will be one in Lahaina Hawaii also, if the early signs are correct. 




Today's quote:
“That is why the future is so endlessly fascinating. Try as we can, we’ll never outguess it.” Arthur C. Clarke  



12 comments:

  1. ...a yard without a tree isn't fit for a dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's another wise saying, but one I haven't heard before.

      Delete
  2. I love trees, they are all beautiful. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trees are such a blessing. Looing out at them restores the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I just was texting a friend and said how I try to remember something of nature I saw when I wake up and can't get back to sleep. The memories also are soothing for me.

      Delete
  4. It seems like such a pleasant place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I do have occasional fire trucks and ambulances called by those in distress of my elderly neighbors. The emergency people turn off their sirens when they turn in our driveway at least. But a fire truck usually comes first, as their station is closest...and they're trained for first aid as EMTs.

      Delete
  5. I love seeing the trees there. They give us the gift of the air we breathe and fill earth with beauty as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to take a nice deep breath when walking near them, or just when opening the windows!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.