Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Evening Primroses


What's that I see?  It's early morning, the heat of the day hasn't yet come about, and the evening primroses are still open.  I dropped by here about a month ago and said this about their scent.

I admit, I don't smell a thing.  So the scent must be evening oriented at least.

I wonder if our daily downpour is the cause of so many of the flowering plants dying.  I am grateful to say I've finally seen evening primroses...even if in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.