Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Playing in water

In the town up the valley from Black Mountain, namely Montreat, is a wonderful little park that focuses upon straddling a creek.


Many children in the mountains of North Carolina grew up playing in creeks in the summertime.


But many kids these days live around concrete, not creeks.  So I happened to visit this park when a big bus also brought a lot of small ones to enjoy whatever kids do in water.  I know I wished I had worn my suit and felt like sitting in it and moving some rocks around.






I'll show a few more pictures of these happy kids tomorrow!


Today's Quote:


It always comes back to the same necessity: go deep enough and there is a bedrock of truth, however hard. 

May Sarton
 

2 comments:

  1. I spent most of my childhood summer days playing in the creek. What wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful collection of great memories B. Playing in the creek, I never got to do that as a kid but I love to see people enjoying themselves all grown up as well as not grown up.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.