Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sometimes it just dies


In 2 days my little avocado just died ...completely full of water, then dried it out in case it was the dread damp.  Still dead however.  Poor thing.

All my potted plants shared the wilt from too much rain...though they have now been getting good sunshine.  I don't know if this Chrysanthemum will survive.  Maybe.

I will have to get another to replace it, because I love those purple blooms in the fall to contrast with the reds and golds and browns.

Question to gardeners...can I use the same dirt, or do I need to replace it because of the moisture rotting the older plant?

1 comment:

  1. We lost a few potted plants that we in non-draining containers. I don't know about reusing the soil.. I have done it but it may not be the wisest thing.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.