Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Lunch in Chapel Hill

I was thrilled to visit Chapel Hill NC for lunch...one of my favorite places to stop when visiting my friend nearby.  She is an alumnus of that University, so knows a lot about the town.  I would get completely lost without her.

 Pretty little shops line the roadway.

 There must be a zoning ordinance that the buildings must look somewhat colonial


 Though classes weren't in session, the pedestrian and bicyclists are of high importance.
 And a hand greeting mural by a parking lot was a bit modern.

We were aiming for the Mediterranean deli... where I was looking forward to a couple of taste treats.
 It wasn't that crowded, but always seems noisy. 






 My falafel sandwich was wonderful!

It was a bit too muggy Aug. 22 to eat outside.  I was dismayed to see the nearby bookstore had closed, where there had been an ever present book store cat.  I wonder where the cat went.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a nice visit. What a pretty town! I like that handprint mural.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.