Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

The lonely sailboat

 The Saturday before Valentine's Day...I walked a bit at the Lake. Earlier there had been a 5K walk/run which finished over near the picnic pavilion. No trace of it left when I got there.

But there were some men putting their sailboats in their cars, and one still out on the lake. These are radio controlled, but motorless, so they do just move according to how the sails are set.

The owner of this sailboat was teaching a young man how to sail.

I walked on by...but clicked a couple of photos of the boat.


The other boats had sailed against each other earlier...there are bouys out on the lake that show where their course is.

It was a bit windy, which meant the sailors probably had lots of fun getting their boats to go where they wanted.



7 comments:

  1. ...we would need an ice boat here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It was pretty amazing to have a warm Saturday in February.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I like the last view of the lake, boat and fountain.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, as you can see, I'm a bit tardy replying to comments!

      Delete
  4. It brings a memory of having a little sailboat. We took it to the park and it crashed and broke right a away. I was very young, no older than 6, I would say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sad. I hope you all didn't spend hours building it!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.