Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

The new doughnut shop in town

  First to say, it's almost impossible to find, unless you already have been to some of the other businesses in this strip mall.

No signage except a little sidewalk board with specials listed.


They might luck out by having taken over the same space as a former donut shop. But I honestly had originally headed for the Biscuit Company next door which for some unknown reason was closed on a Tues. at 10:30 am.


Simple menu (also a bit "New Age"-y.) But each of the items was displayed on the counter!


I stood there as my donut was cooked, then it was glazed with chocolate sweet stuff.


There's space for people to sit and enjoy their sweets and maybe a coffee.


This is one of the new owners. The box holds my chocolate covered still warm donut.


When I bit into it I found it a bit yeasty in taste, which increased the more it cooled off. I admit I would have preferred a bit more chocolate flavor. To me it tasted just like any sugar glaze. 

Will I go back?  I have outgrown most of my sweet tooth...except when it comes to dark chocolate. So that's a maybe.


8 comments:

  1. ...I love donuts, but they are deadly for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is that...when I anticipated eating a pastry and not a biscuit from the other breakfast store, I kind of talked myself into doing a donut...how different would it be anyway!

      Delete
  2. They cook while you wait?

    There’s a new donut store here. I went once and may not return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they did. A woman left with a huge box of freshly cooked donuts as I came in, and I gladly waited for a fresh donut. I don't think I've ever had one right out of the fryer.

      Delete
  3. I'm not really one for doughnuts anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Fresh warm donuts are so yummy, I love chocolate too.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The warmth of any fresh bread will certainly entice me. Have a good day yourself!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.