Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Bridges...Buncombe and Madison Counties in NC

 


Flat Creek is flowing very subdued at this time, while Ole's Guacamole has expanded its seating by the creek into some two-tops over the creek!

Then on to bigger water and a bigger bridge...in Madison County!


Rafting under or driving across the Barnard Bridge on the French Broad River,  There are frequent rafters and kayakers that put in here.




Below you can see rafters on the river from the bridge.



Barnard Park has a few picnic tables also, and lots of parking spaces. We were sad to see the old house in ruins up the hill.




A former store, a brick building, has scaffolding on the front of it.



There are a few shade trees in the park, but I saw something I didn't expect so walked closer to get a better photo...

Tomorrow's photos will show what I saw. 



6 comments:

  1. ...bridges have always fascinated me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And though I'd love to have more bridge photos, driving around means stopping to get them...and the highways just don't provide a place to do so!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    The bridge with the tables is nice, what a lovely spot for lunch. I like the views of the river. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to invite you for lunch at Ole's Guacomole. They serve moderately spiced foods, I've yet to find anything "hot" flavored.

      Delete
  3. Are there still covered bridges in Madison County - I still love that movie from years ago. I enjoyed meeting you and your travels today. I loved the look of that little eating place over the creek. Thankyou for coming to my blog yesterday. Stay travels and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, no covered bridged in Madison County NC...the movie was about some in the mid-west I think, and I don't remember which state. There's at least one covered bridge in NC...but again, I don't remember where.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.