Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Saturday, May 28, 2022

The Black MountainTailgate Market and beyond

  

Wonderful weather last Saturday...compared to the day I'm writing this (Thurs.) with continuous rain.




The community of booths with information and goods and lots of yummy foods!

I didn't find out how much these bear-proof bins cost...but they are a necessity in Black Mountain these days.
I didn't find out the name of this group which entertains most pleasingly!


The Mud Buddies booth has pottery and hand crafted jewelry!

I thought of my friend Tim who grows pitcher plants, or some variety of carnivorous plants!

A relaxing Saturday morning.


I bought this little basil plant, which looks very healthy. Soon to be transplanted into my garden of pots.

Later during my lunch with friends, I saw these baby robins, waiting impatiently for their mother/father to feed them. I sat quietly and eventually mom appeared. But this was the beginning of lunch crowd, so I worried the little ones would have to wait till the area was peaceful enough for parents to come back.

“Time does not exist – we invented it. Time is what the clock says. The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.” Albert Einstein


4 comments:

  1. ...those carnivorous plants are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I love the baby robin photo. The market looks like a fun time. I have seen some wild pitcher plants, they are cool. I love fresh basil. Take care, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like the most charming market imaginable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is best to adapt to the ways of bears and prevent a problem from happening.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.