Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Art in Bloom Garden Number 5

 

Art in Bloom garden tour, House number 5 (also posted in When I Was 69)

 The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been. -Madeleine L'Engle, writer (29 Nov 1918-2007)


Pretty house on Cotton St, across from a garden tour house, but not in the tour


See the frog? For some reason he has a flower on his back.




Lonely little Dahlias.

Exuberant flowers being held in check!

And then you turn a corner of the house to see all this...

This is the winter garden, with many evergreens that stay green all year long.

Bluebirds love this shape of house. Those are tomato plants above the straw. I forgot to ask why they used that mulch for them.

One of the owners (Suzanne I think) gave good descriptions and stories about their garden to Helen.



I was drawn to a cup of water with lime floating in it and a chair to rest...

See the steep slope on the left and the more gradual one on the right. Someone told me when I was halfway down the left slope that I could have used the other one. By my eyes they had both looked equal from standing at the top. Strange.

It took me a very long time to find the fox in the painted door. He's not only hidden, but faded away.




Sharing this post over at Living in Black Mountain also.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Your garden tour looks wonderful, lovely photos. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that door! It is encouraging to see that even in this gorgeous garden there are plants that I can do with some success. Sometimes the plants are all so exotic that I know I could never hope to grow them.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.